Sunday 6 December 2009

Short and sweet

Max was quite good today. Just his bridle in the school, in hand, working on active inside rein (on both reins), and a bit of stand.

He got that look of confusion and concentration when we're trying something new, but was very happy to give it a go. Did a little work on "head down" toom which he got really good at. Started with me lowering my hand to the ground and him following, ended with me standing at his shoulder saying "head down" and down it went.

After that we went for a very short walk on the lane, just from the back of the yard to the front, but lots of opportunities to gently bring his attention back to me without it being challenging or particularly stressful. A good start, I thought.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?