Monday 2 February 2009

Built like a Fjord

The south of England had a dump of snow last night and Max the outdoor horse has come into his Norwegian heritage with a fey spirit.

Snow? What's a little snow?

In for a few hours this morning to defrost, exercise and munch down some hay. Then a quick visit from me before yard duties, a carrot, a pear, and check that all his limbs were fine and he was warm enough, then off across the snow covered yard, to the snow covered field, sure footed and light on his bare feet. He was pleased to find a pile of hay awaiting him to save him digging for what little grass is about, and was a picture of serene contentment one moment as I glanced at him from the yard, and the next, a mischievous imp cavorting in the snow.

I half expect to find he's built a snowman when I return tomorrow.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?