Wednesday 26 March 2008

Rent a mob

We are beginning to feel the effects of a little bit of Spring grass coming up, and I'm somewhat relieved to realise that it's not just Max being a punk, the whole hairy lot of them are at it!

Today I was barged by another pony, despite the fact that I was bringing him his lunch time hay. No interest in that, just wanted to walk over me and assert himself on the yard. Another one wanted to knock my hat off. Another was pretty sure my boots needed to be re-designed, and yet another thought it was a funny joke to have a go at the hands that were changing his rugs.

All my generally well behaved, considerate lovelies are doing the equivalent of hanging around street corners, shouting out rude names and looking for trouble.

Just hi-jinx, I think. Feeling well, sensing the change of seasons coming and wanting to strut their funky stuff around the place.

Max's day off today because my time is limited between my two jobs. I did the mandatory clean up job and had time for a quick cuddle, but that's it until tomorrow. The weather forecast isn't looking great, calling for showers, and I do hope it really is just showers. I want to take him out for hill work rather than into the school, but if we really must stay under cover, then it's longlining for Max to see if we can sort out our communication problems.

He pulled my heart strings today as I prepared to scoot off and he tried to delay me. Head over his door watching me walk to my car, watching me get in and drive away. The look he gives me then just makes me want to ditch all other commitments and hang out with him instead.

So yes, maybe we're having a spot of bother with ridden work at the moment, but there's nothing wrong with our general contentment spending time together.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?