Wednesday 11 June 2008

Now we are six!

Max is the birthday boy! Hard to believe he's six, or that I've had him for two years, but both of these things are true.

Did we do anything special for his birthday? Not really. Can't shower him with treats because he's watching his figure (although he did have marmite and appreciated it).

I started his day by singing him the Happy Birthday song, traditional and The Beatles, he got scratches in all his favourite spots, a lot of affection from me and visitors who wanted to wish him well, and I also told him about the kittens the Ent and I have selected that will be joining our family in a week or so.

And he has the day off, which is always nice for him. Nobody shaking bottles of rocks at him, or putting their hands on their hips and pursing their lips while saying, "Oh Max!" with exasperation (although he does quite enjoy that, and I think would miss it if it never happened again).

Nothing else to say, really, except "Happy Birthday, my brilliant boy! My world is a better place with you in it."

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?