Tuesday 10 June 2008

Shake, rattle, don't bite!

My newest trick to combat Max and his wandering gnashers is a plastic bottle with a few stones in it. When he makes his move, I rattle the bottle and the noise stops him in his tracks.

It was pretty effective today. We went out for a short walk (was very hot) and I had my hands full with the schooling whip (for the flies) the reins and the bottle, but we managed OK.

The only downside was when we got back to the yard, and I put the bottle down to change Max from his bridle to head collar to take him to his field. I bent down, and the moment I was disarmed, the monkey nipped me on the bum! No teeth, just letting me know he could.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?