Tuesday 20 November 2007

Early morning workout

Took Max into the indoor school early again this morning (about 8.45 am) for 40 minutes or so. This time we were doing in hand with his "Be Nice" head collar and he was ace! Really good on transitions, very attentive and playful, and quite brave when I held a big, stripy umbrella over his head.

And he found a dead rat. Nice one! Oh sure, he'll touch that, unprompted. I thought it was a bit of crumpled up paper until I got close enough to see what he was sniffing at.

We're having a problem with rats at the moment. There was a live one in one of my boxes on Sunday when I was trying to muck out. Actually moving straw around and stuff! Euw!

I really enjoy getting Max exercised early when I pretty much know we won't be interrupted. Then when the yard work is done, we can just have a big ol' grooming session and fuss, with nothing else to be getting on with.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?