Saturday 24 November 2007

High Jinx

Max and I went out for a long walk (about an hour and a half) with the Ent leading most of the way, and me behind getting that hind end swinging. It was fairly uneventful until Max started getting a bit full of himself, dragged the Ent through some bushes, up a bank, then became a bit of a whirling dervish. I took over in the lead then, with Ent looking quite shocked at just how powerful a sweet little pony can be!

"He pushed me over and stood on my foot!"

"Really? Shocking behaviour, Max!"

The uplifting thing about it was I can remember when Max did all that to me on a regular basis. I took his reins from the Ent and the monkey boy pretty much snapped to attention.

"Uh oh! Play time's over. Hi mum."

"Hello darling. Were you playing up a bit?"

"No, I was just... um... polo?"

"No, no polos for manhandling the Man. Look sharp, let's go!"

"OK. Polo later?"

"Yes, later."

Did me proud, he did.

Although I wasn't happy to see him being such a punk with the Ent, it was high spirits and confidence that did it, which in a way was good, for him to feel so playful and secure out in the world with just we two humans for company. He tried it on with the Ent because he's an opportunist and saw his chance! No malice in it.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?