Wednesday 28 November 2007

Time slip...

Today was a bit weird, in a losing time sort of way. I had my four hour shift, and I tentatively thought of long-lining Max when I was done, with the proviso that I know I'm usually too knackered after four hours mucking out, so I was equally prepared to do nothing.

Nothing is what I did in the end. I wasn't rushing through my work at all, I know (don't feel the need on a Wednesday), and I did stop for a chat with a couple of the owners, but when I finished up and checked my watch, it was almost half twelve! That's a whole hour longer than it usually takes me. I can't think where I lost an hour!

So no work for Max, but that's OK. I went off to do the grocery shopping, and stopped back at the yard just now to put his rug on and get him ready for the field, with some cuddles and a polo.

Actually, I think my downfall today was spending a lot of time loving the lovelies.
That's no bad thing. Lots of chats and scratches, and they were all being particularly adorable and friendly today, so if that takes an hour extra of my time, it is time well spent. I was ages with Glamour Girl this morning, come to think of it. She's such an affectionate mare, gives you little nuzzles and seems to really enjoy being hugged.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?