Thursday 6 November 2008

Quiet time

The big plan for this week was to do lots of work with Max because I don't have the opportunity when I'm working two jobs.

Today we did nothing at all.

I arrived at the yard quite late, because I know he likes to have his morning snoozy time. It was almost noon when I got to him and shockingly, Max was asleep, sprawled out on his straw bed looking incredibly comfy.

I announced my presence quietly, and went in with his marmite toast. One eye open to look, then head raised, but no inclination to get up. So I fed him as he lay there, piece by piece, and then I gave him scratches and rubs and watched his big head droop and listened to his deep breathing and remembered that it has been months since Max and I have sat together through one of his naps.

I'm so glad I got the chance to do that with him this week. Doing nothing together is just as important as doing something.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?