Friday 11 April 2008

Come a little closer, Clarice...



The boy is out of control!

Hack went very well today, with K riding. Said he was very full of himself, but well behaved. Another windy day - and the rest. As I sat in the office, I watched sunshine, followed by driving rain, followed by hail, followed by thunder and lightning.

Luckily, they missed most of that on the hack, arriving home before the worst of it. Got caught in a bit of wind and rain, but were luckily sheltered by trees, and Max behaved beautifully.

I arrived at the yard just before 2.00 to give him a fuss. He had his head over the door, yawning with gusto, after his hour of walking, trotting and a few little canters too.

But he was not too tired to be playful, and was quite handy with his gnashers, as K and I stood outside his stable having a chat. It was pure attention seeking.

"Me, me, me! Everybody look at me! Are you paying attention? I can see that you aren't. Perhaps if I tug on your sleeve a little? No? How about your shoulder? Would you like a nudge?"

Photo is from last summer in his grazing mask, but perhaps the blasted thing needs to be reinstanted, not to protect Max from the new grass, but to protect me from ol' bossy boots who does not take kindly to being ignored.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?