Sunday 13 April 2008

I say ptooey!

Vittoria on the vine cherry tomatoes are off the menu! Liked 'em loads yesterday, really hate them a lot today. A lot! Spit them on the floor and look quite affronted hate 'em!

On the other hand, home made chocolate chip cookies, well, they're not so bad after all, as it happens.

Contrary pony! No matter, the tomatoes didn't go to waste. Our senior citizen, 34 year old Exmoor pony with few teeth, LOVED the tomatoes, and accepted them, as he accepts all things, like a starving, neglected welfare case, who never gets anything ever. He is a fibber of the highest order, but none of us mind because he is such a sweet ol' thing and he knows how to work his senior status.

Another weird weather day - lots of sharp showers, then sunshine. Tomorrow is meant to be clear and lovely, so Max and I will go for a walk then. Today, I introduced him to the hula hoop.
He got pretty big eyed, tall and unsure, but touched when I asked. Held it in various positions, stood in it myself, held it over my head, rolled it on the floor, and eventually settled it on his back.

He wasn't loving any of it, but touched each time I asked and stayed steady and stout hearted through it all.

Eventually, at the end, when I lay it flat, he got enough nerve to pick it up in his teeth and give it a shake. That's when the ball-bearing did the "shoop" noise and hoop was dropped pretty sharpish, with a head shake and a warning snort.

Immediately asked him to touch it again, and did not hesitate, so a mint and removal of the hoop from his sight was his reward.

At least it's been introduced now. We'll work up to stepping into it gradually.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?