Monday 28 July 2008

Max exacts payment...

A full day for me today, but not quite as full a I'd anticipated.

Thinking I wouldn't get a chance to see Max this afternoon, I zipped over to the yard in my office clobber to give him his marmite toast and just have a little fuss and check over to see all was well with him.

Got to the office, got through my work, and ended up leaving an hour before I thought I might, so decided to go back to the yard to cover Max with fly spray for the field this afternoon. I have an appointment, so won't be on yard duty, leaving no chance to groom and spray him in the afternoon.

There were a few good natured comments about me teetering about the yard in my open-toed kitten heels, skirt and linen blouse, wearing my mucking out gloves to skip out Max's box. Said I was thinking about giving it a bit of the ol' Lady Godiva - very cool with a skirt, much cooler with nowt at all!

Got into Max's box to start with the fly spray, but he was very intrigued by the skirt, which he could easily lift with his nose. And lift it he did!

"Max!" I exclaimed. "How rude! Get off!"

YO laughed and said after all the times I've given Max's undercarriage too much attention for his liking, he was just claiming his revenge.

Gotta love a pony with a good humoured sense of justice.

No comments:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
The diary of a young horse and a not quite so young novice. What happens when you decide to return to riding after years away from it and suddenly find yourself buying a horse, and a very young horse at that? Who teaches who?